School of Rural and Surveying Engineering
National Technical University of Athens
9 Iroon Politechniou str.,
15780, Zografos Campus, Athens, Greece
Tel: +30 210 7721543
Fax: +30 210 7722734
- 2007-present Research Assistant, Cartography Laboratory, School of Rural and Surveying Engineering of the National Technical University of Athens.
- 2005-2007 Collaborative Researcher, Regional Analysis Division, the Institute of Applied and Computational Mathematics, FORTH. Coordination of the project: Coastal Atlas: Development of a GIS for the management of Coastal Areas, e-Business Program of the General Secretariat of Research and Technology.
- 2000-2005 Participation in the following projects as a member of the Cartography Laboratory, School of Rural and Surveying Engineering of the National Technical University of Athens:
- System and Data Organisation of NaGII (National Geographic Information Infrastructure), for the Hellenic Information Society.
- Web Decision and Sales Support System for Enterprises and Consumers, Through Open GIS Platform, e-Business Program of the General Secretariat of Research and Technology.
- A National Data Base of Hydrologic and Meteorological Information, Research Program, School of Civil Engineering.
- Development of Spatio-Temporal Models for Geographic Entities Behaviour, THALES Program for Basic Research, NTUA.
- A Methodology for the Semantic Integration of Different Ontologies, Archimedes Program for Basic Research, NTUA.
- 2005: PhD from the National Technical University of Athens, Greece. PhD Thesis: Generation of formal ontologies for the interoperability of geographic knowledge databases.
- 2001: MSc in GeoInformatics, Post-Graduate Program, School of Rural and Surveying Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, Greece. Master Thesis: Geographic ontologies: a survey on properties identity, and vagueness of geographic entities.
- 1998: Dipl-Eng, School Rural and Surveying Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, Greece. Diploma Thesis: Geodetic determination of tectonic movements in the area of the Aegean.
Selected publications: here
- Analytical Cartography, 2007-2009
- Principles of Geoinformatics and GIS, 2001-2004, 2007-2010.
- Theoretical Issues of Geoinformatics, 2001-2004.
- Research Topics in GIS, 2001-2004, 2007-2009.
- GIS in Spatial Design, 2001-2002, 2009-2010.
Awards and Honours:
- 2005 NTUA Best publication Award, for the journal paper “Qualitative Linguistic Terms and Geographic Concepts- Quantifiers in Definitions, in Transactions in GIS.
- 2005 ESRI Second Paper Award in AGILE 2005 Conference, Lisbon, Portugal.
- 2004 NTUA Best publication Award, for the journal paper “From “Onto-GeoNoesis” to “Onto-Genesis” The Design of Geographic Ontologies”, in Geoinformatica.
- 2004 ESRI Best Paper Award in AGILE 2004, Conference, Crete Greece.
- 2003 Scholarship for the AGILE 2003 Conference by the ESRI, Lyon, France.
- 2002-2005 PhD Thesis Scholarship of the Heraclitus Program for Basic Research by the European Union and the Hellenic Ministry of Education.
- 2002 Scholarship for the GIScience 2002 Conference by the American Association of Geographers, Boulder, CO, USA.
- 2001-2002 PhD Thesis Scholarship by the Hellenic Scholarship Foundation.
Foreign Languages: English, French, Spanish, German.
[ Back ]